but what do you know of Alcmene®?
According to Greek mythology, Zeus and Alcmene® had an affair from which Heracles, the slayer of centaurs was born.
We introduce to you Alcmene®, a mini pedal, fully loaded with authentic Klon style features, such as Germanium clipping diodes, Gold plated circuit board, Active Treble Control, Charge Pump, Buffered Bypass and more!
Staying true to form, we used only NOS 1N34A Germanium Clipping diodes in the circuit.
Turn up the Gain and you turn up True Germanium Distortion!
1. MOSFET POWER PROTECTION: so you can feel safe if you have multiple power supplies, and accidentally plug in the wrong polarity.
*** Please note, above 9V is NOT protected. ***
2. Passive Volume Control: Dial down volume to roll off the full frequency range.
3. Active Treble Control: Turn up the top end.
4. Charge Pump & Germanium Diodes
5. Buffered Bypass Stomp Switch Circuitry: As long as Alcmene® pedal is in the the signal chain, you’re getting a buffered signal out.
Alcmene has more presence in the mids than my other clone of a Klone ! ___ lots of volume to slam your amps ! _______ tone control has a wide and usable range !
I have a KTR. This sounds just as good, has a bit more range (can get more grit if you want it) and has a much smaller footprint.
I love this pedal and with all the deals allpedal gives you it’s great if you want a klon clone.
Did what I expected - great Klon-like tones when used at low gain/clean boost settings but also sounds great as a stand alone overdrive with the gain cranked. I also love the small size - leaves me a lot more real estate on my small pedalboard for club gigs.
Has more gain than my other mini Klones, it's a nice, thick drive with lots of overtones. Sounds identical to other Klones at lowest gain which is great. Finding volume parity is a bit tricky because the pot is louder than 'off' by the time you sweep to 9 o clock. I also really appreciate the second backplate for the velcro. A very competitive klone in a tiny badass package.