but what do you know of Alcmene?
According to Greek mythology, Zeus and Alcmene had an affair from which Heracles, the slayer of centaurs was born.
We introduce to you Alcmene, a mini pedal, fully loaded with authentic Klon style features, such as Germanium clipping diodes, Gold plated circuit board, active Treble control, Charge Pump, Buffered Bypass and more!
Staying true to form, we used only NOS (New Old Stock) 1N34A Germanium Clipping diodes in the circuit. Turn up the Gain and you turn up
True Germanium Distortion!
LEGENDARY TONE • Made in USA
1. MOSFET POWER PROTECTION: so you can feel safe if you have multiple power supplies, and accidentally plug in the wrong polarity. *** Above 9V is NOT protected. ***
2. Passive Volume Control: Dial down volume to roll off the full frequency range.
3. Active Treble Control: Turn up the top end.
4. Charge Pump and Germanium Diodes inside.
5. Buffered Bypass stomp switch circuitry. As long as Alcmene pedal is in the the signal chain, you’re getting a buffered signal OUT.
This ‘Bad Girl’ comes loaded with an Asymmetrical Charge Pump in the circuit, delivering 24.5V. This Rail Voltage to the Op Amp gives you more Clean Headroom!
For the sound of John Mayer, Nels Cline or Joe Perry, the Alcmene is sure to deliver.
All Polyester Film Capacitors in the Audio path.
Input Z (impedance): 280K (measured, as opposed to theoretical)
Power Requirement: 9VDC/20mA • NO INTERNAL BATTERY.
Powder Adapter Not Included. Requires a 9VDC Center Pin Negative (Fully Regulated power supply, such as the TrueTone 1 SPOT, or any other Power Adapter that will supply 9VDC and AT LEAST 20mA current.)
Thank you for the fast shipping! Great packaging. Beautiful.
Amazing pedal, top of the line quality, amazing company, no complaints. I will recommend this pedal and manufacture to all of my musician friends. Definitely worth it.
Wow, blown away. I'm not an envelope filter guy, but this thing is so versatile I'm able to dial in what I want. Admittedly a little overwhelming at first, but once you kinda figure it out, its a lot of fun. Blend and Volume knobs are great additions. Fantastic!